Some people read my writing and think that I am an intelligent person. Well, at the very least they usually think I am not a complete uneducated moron.
Have you ever had one of those moments...one of those moments when you felt like you were quite possibly going prematurely senile? I am not talking about losing your keys because you left them in the door or forgetting the name of your best friend from junior high school. I mean one of those moments when, if you could see yourself you would be ashamed to be seen with yourself.
Here is the story.
Because I didn't want to drive back and forth to Lexington during Scarefest this year, I stayed at a hotel. I used hotels.com and chose the cheapest room within a reasonably short cab-ride distance from the convention center.
I decided to stay at the Days Inn on North Broadway. On average I have had good luck staying at Days Inns. The only major problem that comes to mind was a shower nozzle that was aimed quite permanently at the ceiling. Otherwise, other than a few slow toilets and the occasional carpet that smells like an undiscovered murder scene I have been quite happy.
Well I checked in and let me tell you...for the price I paid this room was TOP NOTCH. It was large, reasonably clean for a smoking room, and had all the amenities one would expect if not hope for. The staff was courteous and helpful and for the most part seemed to be natural born United States citizens.
But as I walked into the room and checked out my lodging I noticed that the room had the ABSOLUTE SMALLEST MICROWAVE I had ever seen.
Only after I saw the completely normal sized microwave across the room did I realize that I had a safe.
You can take the boy out of the country...but you probably shouldn't.